Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Special Event

One project required in management rotation is a special event/business plan. My special event was on Valentine's Day! I got to work extra early and decorated the crap out of the cafeteria. There were heart balloon bouquets tied to every available post imaginable, huge heart banners hanging from the ceiling (fire hazard? meh), red paper lanterns, streamers and rose petals all over the place! It looked like the inside of a Pepe Le Pew love dream.

This is not nearly all of it! This is just the banner but I
thought it was pretty cool!

I had a strawberry salad for the special, and a decorate-your-own giant heart-shaped cookie for desert! They were these foot long heart shaped sugar cookies in boxes. You buy one, then take it to the decorating station, where you add frosting and Valentine's themed toppings. Most people wanted someone to do the decorating for them (that's me) and make a border with icing and write the note or name on the inside. I decorated cookies for maybe four straight hours. I REALLY wish I had taken pictures of some of the cookies, but I was just way too busy to think about it!


My Strawberry Salad with dried cranberries, candied walnuts and
 mandarin oranges with a choice of poppy seed or raspberry dressing

The pile of dismantled decorations




Now I get to finish the Business Plan, and then that's one more project out of the way! Oh, and did I mention that we completely sold out of cookies by the end of lunch rush?! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment