Friday, August 19, 2011

Graduate or Bust!


Monday marks the beginning of the last semester of my undergraduate program!!! That means only four months until my degree! SO HAPPY! This is also a very busy four months... I need to apply to grad school, apply to dietetic internships, and hopefully get some dietetic experience by volunteering at clinics around the city. Applying to the dietetic internship is quite a process. There is a nationwide matching system called the DICAS. Whenever the word DICAS is spoken, it’s as if the sky turns black, smoke rises, and you hear a faint dun dun dunnnn, in the background. So basically, I have until September to finish my application to the DICAS, then you select your three top choices for programs, and the internship directors choose their top choices. Then they are all matched on D-day, quite like rush. The master list is posted, and you find out where you were put. (A decision that will ultimately alter the course of your career/life/future in general) Best case scenario, I am accepted to the master’s program at UCO, and also accepted into the UCO internship program. That would be amazing!

So needless to say, I’m nervous…and anxious and excited.
Lets get this show on the road!


2 comments:

  1. AHHHH. I'm so glad this is all still a year away for me.. I don't wanna be a big kid yet :( I'm still an immature loser. I know you are so driven and smart and intelligent Z! You will succeed no matter where you are! I miss you and cannot wait for you to come visit. Best of luck on all the DICAS (dum dum dum) shiz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many decisions! fingers crossed that you land exactly what you want!! (don't forget to take tv breaks now and then too)

    ReplyDelete